Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life Without Jobs

I found another item in a storage box that activated a memory like a tiny star on a Christmas tree. It was a manual for my first electronic kit, one on assembling a series of neon lamps to fire at random or in sequence. Like a time machine, it took me back to when I carried Anne Frank in my arms as the shadows of burnt-out buildings and bullies fell over us in The South Bronx of America. After head injuries closed my mind, I had a dream where I met Anne. In spite having a photographic memory in childhood, I didn’t have a recollection of her ever being a journal. I do remember looking for parts in abandoned buildings to build a super computer to go beyond a design in a book called From Sand Tables To Electronic Brains. I was a boy who wanted to pattern intellect after a Vulcan science officer on Star Trek. I wanted to go where one has ever gone before. Chapter One: It was a dark and stormy night.Nothing is impossible, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment