Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Quantum Leaping In Cyberspace

Once upon a time, I lost my photographic mind. I reached a deadend when a librarian said there was no record of my existence in the system. Allowed time on a computer, I did what I’ve seen humans do: Googled themselves up. 38 seconds later, I found Daniel Angel Aponte at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Truth is stranger than science fiction: Time Travel! Like the NYPL slogan goes, know the past. Find the future. I began to recall parallel universes and finding A Winkle In Time at my Fortress of Solitude. I recall being a prisoner of a child’s wish to live life like a Great American Novel, one that reads like the greatest comic book of all time. In the zero gravity of this ‘Phantom Zone’ called cyberspace, I began to accelerate creative vision to fuse together eclectic memories to create a ghost brain and make a dream come true for Planet Earth. Who am I? I’m not Spider Man breaking his butt on Broadway. I imagine you can see like X-rays through my disguise of a mild-mannered cyber journalist working for a great global blog. No more waiting for Super Man. Now excuse me while I go pay the rent on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment