Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cyberblanca: You Must Remember This. A Kiss Is Just A...

Brooding like the mythological lord of the Underworld, I stared at a funeral parlor.Right behind me is Jesus and The Apostles on the face of a kitchen clock. There are no atheists in the South Bronx of America where everyday people run out of time as they line up for last supper. Who am I? I’m not Spider Man breaking his butt on Broadway. I’m a Sunday poet who shares kinship with the criminal who was nailed next to a good Jewish lawyer. I relate to the nameless thief who used words to steal the heart of the Savior and got a second chance at doing everlasting life without parole. If I keep comparing myself to a criminal I can't go wrong, right? They say nothing lasts forever. But for a brief moment in time, I found Eternity with a painter from a country with the most Ms Universe titles, a land with a name rooted in the Greek goddess of love and, to me, just as far as the heavenly sphere named after her. Submit that to The New York Times crossword puzzle and figure out what Italian painter made her rise on an oyster from mysterious oceans. Before my mind was erased I held on to the memory of her embrace. What I write is like the song Unchained Melody that brought tears to her beautiful eyes. I hungered for her like a vegetarian vampire with the fierce loyalty of a Timber wolf to his mate. She made my smile leave the borders of my face. But after her plane took off into the night of heavy rain melting snow, I didn’t know how to get back home. Love is the fuel for creativity and I felt grounded, my wings clipped. Without the passion of Psyche, the Greek word for mind, I was Cupid made stupid. Wise enough not to take the train of thought down to The Underworld, I took off into the university. No more waiting for Super Man… There are billions of stories on Earth. This one is stranger than science fiction. One day, my eyes opened in front of machines and microchips. They spoke to me like music because my teacher Rosie recreated them with humanity. Sometimes experiments go wrong. Humans make errors in the quest for perfection. But if they do not learn from failure how can they learn to succeed to create a computer capable of making a trillion calculations per second? Humans are amazing. Like Mickey Mantle said, I’m learning. I’m learning

No comments:

Post a Comment